About


Wargaming the Seven Years War with 40mm miniatures, done by: Johann-Peter Scheck and Anselm Scheck

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Monthly meeting report of Nuremberger Zinnfigurenfreunde






















Our meeting at the VFZ in Nuremberg yesterday was, seen by the exposed displays, an announcement of spring, as seen on the image above: the "Maitanz" in flats (Heinrichsen figures) showing a Bavarian Volksfest scene.

But also the other collectors brought again some stunning works. First of all, my colleague Arthur Schneider, who is really my most adored painter (and meanwhile my teacher concerning painting figures and bases) showed us this 120mm Hussar:





























Have a look to the base, which is really a masterpiece - and so simple in technique.

Then we could welcome, finally, our member Mike, his marvelous blog is well.known: http://dreispitz.blogspot.de. He brought some 28mm Austrian Musketeers and Grenadiers from his own range:





























And, at least and the highlight of every meeting, Mr. Fechtner showing some flat figures out of his huge collection:



And, that was really touching for me, he made a gift to my daughter and gave her some wonderful flat figures with rabbits. As seen on this picture, my daughter was catching them too fast for the photographer, so she is only seen half on the foto - but I appreciated this gesture so highly:






6 comments:

  1. I love those beautifully painted flats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, Mr. Fechtner is really a talent - every meeting he brings new art pieces for the show!
      _Peter

      Delete
  2. Beautiful work all around. The leopard skin blanket on the Hussar's horse is amazing.
    A very kind and beautiful gift for your daughter - love those rabbits!
    Cheers,
    MP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! And my daughter is happy!! Thanks for writing me!
      _Peter

      Delete