About


Wargaming the Seven Years War with 40mm miniatures, done by: Johann-Peter Scheck and Anselm Scheck

Monday, November 7, 2011

Swedish Command Stand


My apologies for being quiet of late but I have been rounding off a number of projects, also having been in China for several time with quite a lot of marvellous impressions in the  mind.
So, sorry dear readers!


In the meanwhile, I ordered at Matthias Manske a new type of officer, a sort of messenger, called "Flügel-Adjutant", which is a staff officer who carry the newest general´s orders.
Manske modelled this figure and placed it on a range of possible horses.
The background of this request is a new change of rules we plan for our wargame: inspired by the fantastic wargame of The Perfect Captain, where is a complete instruction manual of a complex and exciting game, we also chose to introduce the new rule of a messenger in our wargame.
This messenger should carry a new order to the regiments positioned afar from the core, using the normal rule of the cavalry´s speed. So regiments faced to a skirmish can further not be controled by the player´s decision, but only seconding a character´s card, adapted to the officer´s temperament. Only if the messenger can bring a new order directly to this regiment, its officer can go in a manoeuvre concerning the general´s order.
We hope to improve our wargame; I will post more news about it after our first tests the next weeks.


This time, the swedish command is a gift for my brother Felix who is collecting and wargaming the swedish army. I wasn´t sure about the correct swedish uniforms and couldn´t find good sources about it. Ther was sthg. in Vinkhuizen, but I cannot tell if this the actual dress of the 1750´s.






Soon, I will let follow more!

3 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I like the figures of Mathias. We are both within the same Club called "Vereinigung freie Zinnfigurensammler e.V., Nürnberg".
    It's really fantastic to see the steady growing of his range.
    And I also like your painted figures. They Look very nice and your knowledge of the period of the SYW is impressive.
    I enjoy your Blog very much.
    Cheers
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mike for your compliments! Nice to hear from you and - honestly - I am also a fan of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new Matthias Manske figure is nice. Lovely command stand.

    Your work inspires me to get on with my 40mm project

    -- Allan

    ReplyDelete