About


Wargaming the Seven Years War with 40mm miniatures, done by: Johann-Peter Scheck and Anselm Scheck

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Russia: 2nd Reg. Grenadiers





























A very fast and intensive work is finished now with this splendid grenadiers of the Zaristic army. The figures are from a special serie of Matthias Manske, which proposed the russian army in summer dresses in several poses. I chosed a regiment´s composition to create a very special moment in a battle: just standing and kneeing and opening the fire, the first rank is getting heavy fire from the enemy - the nervosity should be visible in the faces and the officer is advancing to go to this hell....
I took 11 kneeing soldiers and one wounded, the second rank is a combination of standing soldiers and such they reload or tremble.

I talked with Steve Cady in our posts about the figures in 40mm and about my decision to concentrate on the Manske figures. As you can see, they have a very special behaviour, have different poses and can be combinated in a lot of different ways - so, creating a particular ambiance or showing a "moment" in regiment´s life is easy. This is for me - as half a collector and half a wargamer, the ideal choice: I don´t have any more the serial effect of the moulds of eg. Prince August or NMZ; I have a wide range of possibilities to compose a special effect. At the end, as you can see, I place them all on small bases for having them ready for battles. You will see in my soon posts the pics from our summer battle, when this Manske-figures will fight side by side with Prince August and NMZ-regiments.
Manske figures give me the choice to create a certain individuality in each figure. Also the way of painting is different to other 40mm figures and completely different to the 30mm-figures.
Enjoy the pics I took today very quickly - after 3 hard days of students´presentations at the University. Next week we will meet in Switzerland to fight the big battle.
































































No comments:

Post a Comment